DOTHAN, Ala. (WTVY) – With Memorial Day Weekend approaching, many people will take the three day weekend and warmer temperatures as an opportunity to hit the pool.
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) is participating in the annual Healthy and Safe Swimming Week, which runs from May 22-28.
According to ADPH, the goal of the week is to maximize the health benefits of swimming by promoting healthy and safe water activities.
ADPH released a list of Do’s and Don’t’s to keep in mind for the week:
- Stay out of the water if you have diarrhea.
- Shower before getting into the water
- Take kids on bathroom breaks and check diapers every hour
- Dry ears thoroughly after getting into the water
- Swallow the water
- Poop or pee in the water
- Sit or stand on the jets at a splash pad
Subscribe to our News 4 newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email every morning. Get instant notifications on top stories from News 4 by downloading our mobile apps.
Copyright 2023 WTVY. All rights reserved.
- Keeping your roses healthy with these pruning and fertilizing tips – Redlands Daily Facts
- Try these tips for effective meal planning in the age of healthy eating
- Get healthy and stay healthy in 2023 with these 5 tips
- Social media use is taking a toll kids' mental health. These 8 tips for parents can help
- 3 ways to turn your cell phone addiction into healthy habits